Issue Date: 20/10/2020
Review Date: 19/10/2021
GB Leisure Education ATC is committed to ensuring that this Equal Opportunities policy is both implemented and embedded for all learners. As an approved training centre, we consistently ensure that the training we provide is inclusive and accessible to all learners.
All staff, consultants, volunteers and agency staff are responsible for the implementation of this policy. We fully understand that all learners have the right to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation. We will not tolerate unfair treatment or unlawful discrimination, whether intentional or unintentional, direct, or indirect.
Our Equal Opportunities policy is in line with The Equality Act 2010 and we endeavour to take positive action to:
• Comply with current legislative requirements
• Deliver qualifications, support services and products which take into consideration the needs of all learners and do not unnecessarily discriminate against any individual or group
• Promote fair access to qualification and assessment delivery, minimising any barriers to access or assessment by implementing reasonable adjustments and special considerations policies
• Ensure that learning opportunities and fair assessment is open to all who will benefit without compromising the integrity of qualification delivery
• Monitor our qualifications, entry requirements and assessments to identify barriers to access or achievement, and remove or minimise unnecessary barriers or bias which could impact on individuals or groups
As a training centre we shall implement this policy through:
• Ensuring all staff, volunteers and learners have access to this information to assist them in planning, putting in to practice and monitoring their rights and responsibilities under this policy
• Providing support and relevant training / updates for all staff, learners and revising any policy or practice that could disadvantage individuals or groups
• Provision of regular CPD / updates for staff, and learners
• Ensure all staff, and learners know how to offer feedback and register complaints
• Effective complaints procedures will be used to resolve complaints of discrimination with a full and prompt consideration under this policy, breaches of this policy will be dealt with through GB Leisure Education ATC complaints procedures.
This policy and its procedures will be reviewed regularly for improvements as part of our Quality Assurance requirements. This will ensure it is fit for purpose, reflects the services we deliver to our customers and we provide services which are relevant to the requirements of individual needs.
GB Leisure Education
ATC: GB Leisure Education
SE22 0PZ, Dulwich